Monday, February 6, 2012

Canadian Unity Fan Fund

Canvention is the annual Canadian national SF conference at which the Aurora Awards are presented. It rotates between Eastern and Western Canada. This year, Canvention is in Calgary as part of the When Words Collide convention.

Each year the Canadian Unity Fan Fund helps fund a Canadian fan from the East attend Canventions in the West, or a fan from the West attend a Canvention in the East. The idea is to allow prominent fans from one side of the country to meet their counterparts on the other. Nominations are now open. For details, see https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=325990394106217.

I haven't been actively involved in years, having turned pro, but I think I will take an interest this year as I intend to be at Canvention/When Words Collide this year. I have a few ideas about who I'd like to nominate....fans active in promoting Canadian SF.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to add a link to CUFF to efanzines.com but am not finding a site for it. How the heck does one advertise it if it has no location? If you know, do tell!

    ReplyDelete