Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SFeditor.ca launched

Started setting up my new SF Editor domain, though won't actually be launching the service any time soon. I already have a backlog of manuscripts for editing, so do not need to solicit any more for the time being, but wanted to start planning and building the site for when I am ready to ramp up the business -- say in 8 years when I retire from university.

I've been talking about this for awhile, so time to put money where mouth is. Publisher Lorina Stephens has been encouraging me for quite some time to start marketing my services, as we've discussed our vision of the future of publishing and the need for, and potential role of, freelance development editors. Final push came from editing Paul Lima's new book on freelancing -- reading his chapter on how to run the numbers got me thinking about how I really could turn this into a viable business. Well, we shall see.

In the meantime, I will slowly be developing the SFeditor.ca website.

(and that's SFeditor.CA, not .COM. SFeditor.com is Gail Mallimson, a San Francisco film editor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment