Monday, August 31, 2015

What editor's do

Most of the editing I do at SFeditor.ca is necessarily confidential, so I obviously can't post examples on my blog. So I am always pleased when I stumble across examples of typical editing that authors post to illustrate the process. Award-winning Canadian YA author, Arthur Slade, has two excellent posts that illustrate typical interactions with one's editor. Whoever these editors are, their style is pretty similar to my own, though it never occurred to me until I saw the second post here that one could upload photos to the "comments" section.

Typical page of editor's markup on a 'finished' manuscript:
See My Editor Tear My Work to Shreds

and

My Editor Says These Two Words I Use Make Kitties Cry

Slade, if you are not already familiar with his work, is a fabulous writer. I often assign his novel "Tribes" in my education classes, for example, but all his series are wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Editor has the most important work for all the writers as he can change the whole thing and even if he can make it great. visit the site to check out more helpful guide and tips for writing your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the editor only reads the post and describe the things in own style, but sometime we the essay text extender, for this thing you need to sort out the source and write them.

    ReplyDelete